NCSoft - The Future
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCsoft Overview

3 posters

Go down

NCsoft Overview Empty NCsoft Overview

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 am

Hi All,

As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to have a thread about NCsoft, giving a more in-depth overview of the company than in the forum mission. I don't have a great understanding of the overall gaming environment, so if someone else could add on to my overview, that would be great. Having said that, I will still talk about NCsoft from a company perspective.

Admin
Admin

https://ncsoft.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

NCsoft Overview Empty Re: NCsoft Overview

Post by Admin Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:22 pm

So, a little bit about NCsoft. The company was founded in March 1997 by current president Taek-Jin Kim. At first, the company concentrated on system integration, and established itself as a business through the development of homepages and systems for the Ministry of National Defense (in South Korea), and the Roman Catholic Church.

In terms of the company's most recent success, it has been concentrated on their initial game (Lineage) and its successor (Lineage II), but the company has a variety of different games in their current portfolio that still contribute a significant portion of their overall revenue.

Much like their game portfolio, the company's global presence is becoming more diversified, but still primarily focused on their bread and butter - the Korean market. However, this will continue to change as the game market becomes more globalized. NCsoft has already entered into the North American and European markets, while also expanding further into Asian markets.

Admin
Admin

https://ncsoft.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AMERICANGAMER100 Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:07 pm

NCsoft Overview Enhance

Just building off of what the last person said, this is a revenue breakdown between NCsoft's different game lines in the second quarter of 2007. The majority of their revenues (76%) still come from the two Lineage games, but they understand that moving forward, they need to keep diversifying their game platform and not concentrate predominantly on their established, well-regarded games. They know the game consumption marketplace is changing, and they know diversification is one of the only ways to respond.

AMERICANGAMER100

Back to top Go down

Post by GAMER1 Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:54 pm

NCsoft Overview Enhance

Just thought I'd jump in as well. As shown above, the revenue breakdowns for NCsoft are shown above for the second quarter of 2007. Despite what appears to be an over-reliance on Korea (over half of their revenues stemming from a relatively small population, this has actually shifted from the past. The company only began to expand into international markets seven years ago, and yet they have exploded in terms of the percentage of growth stemming from international markets. In my opinion, they need to continue doing this in order to survive.

GAMER1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down